Friday, December 6, 2019

digital journalism



When I was choosing the subject for our assignment my first choice was mapping the next thing I needed to do was find a group to work with but I couldn't because they were either doing a different type of project or in a full group of three already I could have tried to make a team with people outside group 1 but I thought it would be more appropriate if we were all attending the same class. It took me a week before I decided to change to digital journalism but by then everyone already had a team made up so I had no other option but to form a team with a person named John Gillman who is not in my group, we decided that we would do a video on a car crash. Then a week before the submission deadline we managed to get a third member for our group named Darragh Cole who was incredible at editing, so we decided he could do the editing for the video we also decided to follow his idea of showing the research we had on car crashes that have happened on the M50 in the last few years with the use of an interactive map. However our first try at making the video did not go well as we had hoped the scripts for the news report needed some changing and we also had to find a room to do the video in as well as something to operate as green screen, we also had difficulty recording the last scene of the news report. When we tried again the next day, we were a bit more prepared and knew what to do. We decided to scrap the green screen idea and work without it we also used a tablet to record the material for the video this time instead of a phone. However, I am not expecting a perfect score on account of all this being last minute.

No comments:

Post a Comment