Saturday, December 14, 2019

after digital journalism


The presentation for our project did not go as well as myself and my group, which was made up with John Gillman and Darragh Cole and myself, had hoped. While it wasn't the worst it definitely had some shortcomings. This assignment was different in that instead of showing our research in person we had to instead make a video of it. I know our video wasn't the best but in fairness it was very last minute as my group was formed during the week before submission, so we only had a few days to make it. When we formed our group decided to do a fake news report for our video for digital media as our methodology assignment, it would be about a car crash on the M50 to Blanchardstown, we also learned from our lecturer Shawn that we had to use one of the tools he gave us so we decided to use StoryMapJS and research all the car crashes and incidents that had happened on the M50 in the last few years, I feel we did pretty well with that since it only took us a day. However, we still had a few problems. After we had submitted it one of the team members suggested that we should add music to the video, so we had to edit the video again and then re submit it.

Another thing different about this presentation was instead of the lecturer asking us what we had thought we earned as a mark, this time the system was that everyone in the class reviewed each video and rated each different aspect of each video. However like I said before at the start are video wasn't the best but it certainly wasn't the worst so I hope we achieved a pass mark at the very least and I feel that I have learned what to do next time when we have to make a video if we have to do one for another assignment in the future I also learned how impotent a team is because I would never have been able to complete this project by myself. I only just learned the basic about editing and I did not know how to edit music or clips into the reports because those where already given to me to use, so this has been a learning experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment